Instructions for putting on a wig
- If putting a quiff/bump in the front of the hair, always use a “Bumpit” for a softer, more even effect. Leave the desired amount of hair down at the front. Then insert the “Bumpit” and comb the hair over the top of it, covering it completely and securing the hair in place with a large clip.
- Put the child’s hair in two pony tails. One at the very top of the head, the other at the nap of her neck.
- Twist the top pony tail into a bun and secure with large clips.
- Put a donut over the bun to add the required extra height to the wig
- Put the wig on from the top. Get the child to hold her head back. Secure the comb into the top bun.
- Get the child to look down and stretch the wig under the bottom pony tail and secure the comb.
- Push all access hair up under the wig. This can be clipped or plaited if it is easier.
- When clipping the wig on start at the ears. Use the long, strong clips in the correct colour for the best result. There is a little thumb grasp in the wig cap. Pull this forward to the ear and clip. Do the same at the other side. Then add clips where needed to secure the wig. Be careful to clip into the cap only, do not catch the curls as this will make the wig frizz.
- Do not under any circumstances put clips through the main body of the wig. This is not needed.
- When securing the hair band/ tiara, push it firmly back against the wig. Use whatever your hair accessory is to frame and shape the wig. Cover the sides of the band/tiara with the wig.
For choice of colours, please refer to the chart below.